- Extra virgin is the name given to the first extraction or cold pressing of the olives during production. The result is a rich, fruity and deep-flavoured oil; the delicious and natural juice of fresh olives.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil is naturally high in monounsaturated fats, polyphenols and vitamins like A and E. These powerful antioxidants have many scientifically proven health benefits linked to improvements in inflammation, weight control, cholesterol, digestion, and anti-ageing.
So splash it, dash it and pour it on for great taste and healthy benefits!
- Olive oil is a significant component of the Mediterranean diet. Evidence suggests that Mediterranean populations have a reduced risk for certain diseases and an extended life expectancy compared with other populations in the world. One notable study highlighted the differences in diseases that occurred between Mediterranean populations and those living in northern Europe and North America. This study monitored participants’ diets for over 30 years. It was found that the Mediterranean diet was associated with low rates of conditions like cardiovascular disease and certain types of cancers, as well as increased life expectancy.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil is available in multiple different flavour profiles. These varieties are the result of a combination of harvest period, olive variety, climate and soil. For instance, olives picked earlier during the harvest or grown in cooler climates, with heavy clay soils, tend to have a stronger, peppery robust flavour profile.
The Squeaky Gate Growers Co. collection features three different flavour intensities:
The “Mild One” offers a subtle and delicate flavour, ideal for those after a mild flavour when dipping and cooking.
The “All Rounder” features a classic and fruity profile that can be described as medium flavour.
The “Strong One” offers a big and bold flavour profile that can be considered robust with its touch of pepper and bite.
- Squeaky Gate Growers Co. proudly sources Aussie Extra Virgin Olive Oil from growers all around Australia. They travel grower to grower, farm to farm bringing you the pick of the crop, just the way it should be! The best regions for growing olives can be found in the southern states of Australia which have Mediterranean style climates characterised by long dry summers and short cold winters. Squeaky Gate oils are carefully blended from oils produced in South West WA, South Australia, VIC and Southern NSW. This blending ensures a consistent flavour profile for each variant.