Baked Jamon Wrapped Giant San Remo Pasta Shells with Spicy Tomato Sauce
Prep Time: 45 mins
Cooking time: 1hr
Substitute pasta shape: large rigatoni
Chef: Zoe and Adam
1pkt San Remo Giant Shell Pasta
20 slices of Jamon, cut into thirds
3tbsp olive oil
4 large potatoes, peeled & boiled, diced small
½ cup parsley, chopped
1 ½ cup grated manchego cheese
1tspn sweet paprika
Salt & pepper
3tbspn olive oil
1sml onion, diced finely
1 garlic clove, crushed
3 anchovy fillets
400g tin of crushed tomato
1tbspn tomato puree
1tspn chilli powder
1tbspn red wine vinegar
Pinch of sugar
1. Pre heat oven 200c.
2. Fill pasta pot with water and bring to the boil. Add 1tbspn of salt and pasta.
Cook pasta for 5mins and strain. Place under running cold water to stop pasta
3. Place pasta into a large baking dish and drizzle a little olive oil over the top.
1. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients. Season with salt & pepper to
2. Spoon filling into pasta shells, don’t over fill shells.
3. Wrap jamon around each shell, enough jamon to cover each shell once. Set
1. In a pan on medium heat, add oil, onion, garlic and anchovies. Fry for 5mins
2. Add paprika, chilli powder, tomato puree, crushed tomato, vinegar and sugar
and bring to the boil.
3. Simmer for 10mins and season to taste.
4. Place half the sauce into the round baking dish.
5. Arrange pasta into dish, like a star.
6. Pour remaining sauce over the top.
7. Bake in oven for 15 to 20mins. Until jamon is crispy.